According to news reports, a convicted felon by the name of Tahir Malik is being held in contempt of court with no bond, after getting caught posing as a lawyer for dozens of cases. Sources say, Malik has been charging his clients any where from $500 to $4,500 to represent them, over the past 5 years!
He was finally caught on December 17, when personnel at the Cook County Courthouse found some of his behavior suspicious and questioned his credentials explained the Huffington Post. It was then revealed, Mr. Malik had no credentials, having never spent one day in law school. “No one suspected anything for years because he did everything right – except obtain a law degree,” Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said in a statement. “From his own arrest history, he was familiar enough with the court system to make certain motions and file certain documents with the court.”
According to officials, Malik has a lengthy criminal history. He has served time in the Illinois Department of Corrections on a burglary conviction. He has also been arrested on charges ranging from theft and shoplifting to criminal trespassing. Malik has been charged with two counts of false impersonation of a lawyer, and is due back in court on the 28th of January.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Ticked off... 1st the hall smells like urine. 2nd I can't get into the next room. 3rd the mattress is outside the d… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Hello world! bloglovin.com/blogs/wwwcourt… on @bloglovin 2 weeks ago
- Warren Buffett says he has $116 billion to spend. Here are five companies he should buy cnb.cx/2EVfNtd 3 weeks ago
- @UnitedAirlines still waiting #nofly 3 weeks ago
- Dear @UnitedAirlines I am not happy.... I have waited 20 minutes for my luggage... You have to decrease wait time... 😣 3 weeks ago
- We are movingPlease visit www.CourtneyLuv.com Advertisements
- CourtneyLuv interviews Celebrity @ChefJamikaYour favorite girl’s favorite blogger CourtneyLuv had the chance to interview Celebrity Chef Jamika. In this interview, Chef Jamika gave alot on the dish she included the ingredients on leadership and the truth behind the old cliché of how to capture a … Continue reading →
- Crackle Nail Art Trend O.P.I. Nail PolishIt seems that nail art designs are expanding their limits and nowadays there is literally nothing you can’t do when it comes to nail art. One of the latest trends that gains popularity is crackle nail art trend. This technique … Continue reading →
- Jimmy Choo New FragranceJimmy Choo is releasing a new perfume that is due to be released in February 2011. Which is right around the corner. Jimmy Coo signed a 10 year partnership with Selective Beauty to get this perfume started. It will be … Continue reading →
- Mac Spring 2011 collectionMac is setting a spring and came up with the denim-inspired collection called Jeanius. The lineup will feature eye shadows, lipglasses, lipstick, nail polishes, brow maker and an eye liner. The shades are modern with fresh hues with a jean design. … Continue reading →
- Etta James suffers from dementiaAccording to Pop Eater, legendary singer, Etta James, is gravely ill and the 72 year old’s husband and son are in legal battles with one another to see who will manage over $1mil that is being put away for the … Continue reading →
- Lil’ Kim Has A New Crew, Mixtape, And SinglesLil’ Kim has decided that a beef with Nicki ain’t stopping her hustle. Kim not only has a new crew behind her, I.R.S. (International Rock Stars), but they riding hard and are dropping a mixtape soon. Not only that they … Continue reading →
- Romeo Artist Eye LuvThe new president of No Limit Records, Romeo wet and covered in sand for all of you ladies and some of you fellas to enjoy…. Do you wanna be an Eye Luv, or know a guy who should be an … Continue reading →
- Sip and see of the dayJust tossing my hair and clinching my pearls..
- Cinema Dolls: Get connected in the film industry
- We are moving