Akon is giving away a $300,000-plus Lamborghini? This is real life remember he made a song about it! According to AccessAtlanta, Akon, the R&B/hip-hop superstar responsible for ubiquitous hits “I Wanna Love You,” “Don’t Matter” and the recent earworm “I Just Had Sex,” from a “Saturday Night Live” digital short, has teamed with a new company, FanTrace.com, to steer the uber-giveaway. “It’s easy for me to give [the car] up to a fan, because it’s the fans who gave me the opportunity to purchase it. Without that support, there would be no Lambo,” Akon said last week in the headquarters of his Kon Live corporation in Buckhead. Stretched out on a carrot-colored couch in the sleek offices, Akon, a Sandy Springs resident who has been in Atlanta since 1996, talked about his affiliation with FanTrace, which chose the Senegal-born singer as its inaugural client. “My main motive is to have better communication with my fans and I wanted to catch this idea while it was early,” Akon said, then added with a knowing smile, “That’s when you benefit. Plus, I thought this concept was really dope.” FanTrace is currently situated in Atlanta to oversee Akon’s site, which launched last week at http://www.fantrace.com/akon. While celebrity websites are a hardly a breakthrough, FanTrace hopes to fill a niche for devoted fans who crave a deeper connection with their idols. The idea, said FanTrace President Fred Khalil, is to be a one-stop digital outlet for fans, whether they are looking for concert tickets, songs and CDs or even a link to purchase something from Akon’s upcoming men’s clothing line, Aliaune (Akon’s birth name). While FanTrace intends to introduce sites for a couple of personalities per month, whether from the worlds of music, movies or sports, Khalil said Akon seemed like an ideal starting point.
Khalil said he first met the singer/songwriter/producer in Las Vegas during Akon’s collaboration with Michael Jackson on “Hold My Hand,” the R&B – and now, jazz chart – hit on Jackson’s posthumous “Michael” album.
“Akon is very stable. He’s very focused. He doesn’t drink or do drugs, so I don’t need to worry about him being arrested tomorrow and I’m without a star,” Khalil said. “And, he’s so open-minded and willing to work.”
One of the attractions of Akon’s FanTrace site is the ability to send “personalized” greetings from the star via phone or email.
Akon spent four days in an area studio recording more than 35,000 combinations of names, occasions (everything from happy Ash Wednesday to happy engagement) and relationships to the recipient (“Your business partner wanted me to wish you…”) for the feature, which can be further customized with a choice of 10 Akon songs.
Software strings the right words together and for $1.99 per message – 10 to 25 are included in fan club membership – a tailored clip from Akon is created and sent.
But the big bang of FanTrace’s Akon unveiling is the car giveaway, which fans can register to win on the website.
Akon hopes it’s the first of many giveaways.
“I might want to give away the house!” he said with a laugh. “You think I’m joking! But depending on how this car thing goes, I might want to give away another. I have 23 and I don’t drive all of them and I feel guilty sometimes. It just feels good knowing that I can say to a fan, you helped me buy it, now you take it. The blessings will only come back to me 10 times. I really believe in karma.”
Tentative plans call for the giveaway to take place on April 16 – Akon’s birthday – with some type of live TV presentation. Khalil said a sponsor for the TV portion will also cover the considerable tax bill that likely would come with winning the car.
“I will literally hand the person the keys,” he said. “And I want it televised so people actually see it happen and know it’s not a game.”
This is straight from AccessAtlanta
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Dear my dearest @dollartree on Camp Creek... your doors should not be locked at 9:30 am. The store opens at 9 am... https://t.co/JQSb5khzTW 2 weeks ago
- RT @Delta: @IamCourtneyLuv We love to hear how Awesome our team members are especially during a difficult travel experience for our custome… 2 weeks ago
- @delta agents are working hard today! Thank you for having a great attitude with the changes due to the weather!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Hello world! bloglovin.com/blogs/wwwcourt… on @bloglovin 2 weeks ago
- Dear @HomeDepot on Cascade Road please teach your "experienced" employees to update stock numbers. Spent 25 minutes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- We are movingPlease visit www.CourtneyLuv.com Advertisements
- CourtneyLuv interviews Celebrity @ChefJamikaYour favorite girl’s favorite blogger CourtneyLuv had the chance to interview Celebrity Chef Jamika. In this interview, Chef Jamika gave alot on the dish she included the ingredients on leadership and the truth behind the old cliché of how to capture a … Continue reading →
- Crackle Nail Art Trend O.P.I. Nail PolishIt seems that nail art designs are expanding their limits and nowadays there is literally nothing you can’t do when it comes to nail art. One of the latest trends that gains popularity is crackle nail art trend. This technique … Continue reading →
- Jimmy Choo New FragranceJimmy Choo is releasing a new perfume that is due to be released in February 2011. Which is right around the corner. Jimmy Coo signed a 10 year partnership with Selective Beauty to get this perfume started. It will be … Continue reading →
- Mac Spring 2011 collectionMac is setting a spring and came up with the denim-inspired collection called Jeanius. The lineup will feature eye shadows, lipglasses, lipstick, nail polishes, brow maker and an eye liner. The shades are modern with fresh hues with a jean design. … Continue reading →
- Etta James suffers from dementiaAccording to Pop Eater, legendary singer, Etta James, is gravely ill and the 72 year old’s husband and son are in legal battles with one another to see who will manage over $1mil that is being put away for the … Continue reading →
- Lil’ Kim Has A New Crew, Mixtape, And SinglesLil’ Kim has decided that a beef with Nicki ain’t stopping her hustle. Kim not only has a new crew behind her, I.R.S. (International Rock Stars), but they riding hard and are dropping a mixtape soon. Not only that they … Continue reading →
- Romeo Artist Eye LuvThe new president of No Limit Records, Romeo wet and covered in sand for all of you ladies and some of you fellas to enjoy…. Do you wanna be an Eye Luv, or know a guy who should be an … Continue reading →
- Sip and see of the dayJust tossing my hair and clinching my pearls..
- Cinema Dolls: Get connected in the film industry
- We are moving